Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pumpkins!

I've been meaning to get started on this blogging thing for a while. I just haven't made it a priority until now. For the past few months, I've been taking pictures of stuff I've done and writing down ideas I've had to eventually write about.
I'm big into Pinterest. I stayed off it for a long time, but now I'm hooked. I love the ideas people share and I love how it inspires me to try new things. 
Anyway, I was looking for an idea of a gift to give my students for Halloween that didn't involve candy since they get enough of that already on that holiday. I found this idea for pumpkin pie playdough. As Halloween approached, I got busy and realized making play dough, especially a new recipe for the first time, was ambitious. Using her idea for inspiration, I bought clementines and made jack-o-latern faces on them. The cutest ones are the ones I drew stem side up. (Obviously I'm no artist, but the kids got a kick out of them and the parents loved them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment