Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Bunches of Lunches


Making lunches is like laundry. You can never really cross it off the to-do list because as soon as you do, its time to make another. Or clean another Tupperware with tiny crevices. Or go shopping for more food to put in said lunches.
I actually do enjoy making Z-man's lunch, especially when it comes back near-empty and I can tell he liked what I packed (or he threw it on the floor, but I'm choosing to believe he loved it.) However, I really value my ME time once Z goes to bed. After almost a year and half, I've finally found a routine that simplifies the bunches of lunches us parents make.
These amazing Tupperware are the perfect size to fit in his lunch box and have compartments, which my slightly-OCD self finds comfort in. I found silicon cupcake liners in the dollar bin at target. They clean easily and are great for dividing the biggest compartment. I make at least two lunches at a time, which makes every other night super easy. (Unzip. Empty. Fill. Zip). 
I put in veggies, usually baby cucumbers or petite pickles-minimal prep, fruit (berries, small grapes, or tangerines just get rinsed and thrown in), some kind of meat (mini pepperonis, dino nuggets, or cut up hot dog), and some carb (usually veggie straws or goldfish). I throw fruit snacks, Z-man's ultimate favorite, and a squeezable fruit/veggie sauce and call it a day. X2. Or x3. Or on day's I get to love on my niece, x4. 

I still wish I was this mom or this mom sometimes. But for now, I'm totally ok being the mom I am (and having a little extra ME time).


No comments:

Post a Comment