Monday, October 13, 2014

Rolling in Colors

This month, my class is learning about colors. We started by learning about the primary colors and moved on to secondary colors last week. Each day, the children experiment with color mixing using different mediums. I set up a water table with two sides, one side with red water and the other with yellow. As the kids poured, scooped, and drizzled the water, it turned orange. 
Using a projector, we overlapped red, blue, and yellow blocks to make the secondary (and tertiary) colors.

The children combined yellow and blue shaving cream to make green shaving cream. 

My favorite way that we have experimented with colors so far is with rolling pins. I streaked large butcher paper with blue and red paint and my students rolled the pins back and forth in different directions to make purple.

We used these neat textured pins to make unique prints!

 
Its been a colorful month so far and its only the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment