Monday, February 9, 2015

Making the Most of Bath Time!

Z-man is loving baths right now. He's discovered bubble baths and loves trying to find the objects that sink under the bubbles. Other ones float back up after we drop them in so they are easy to find.  
Using foam letters, we make boats, hooking the letters together. We try to build the boats strong and stable enough for the sinking objects to now float on the boats. 
With the same foam letters, I put them on different parts of Z's body. For example, I put the on his mouth, the on his leg, or the N on his nose and then sing this little song to the tune of If You're Happy And You Know It: There's a M on your mouth, on your mouth. There's a M on your mouth, on your mouth. It's not farther south, it's just on your mouth. There's a M on your mouth, on your mouth. (I change the farther south part for anything goofy that rhymes with the body part. Knee: It gives me so much glee that there's a...You get it.)
Every time he takes the letter off and looks at it. Rhyming, body part identification, AND letter recognition? Win.
To end bathtime, I rinse Z-mandown with water. As I rinse each part of his body, I name it in Spanish. I pour water over his back and say "espalda" and pour it over his legs and say "piernas." I ask him to "voltate" when I want him to turn. 
My Z and I have so much fun that often the water turns cold and his fingers turn into raisins! He doesn't even know we are learning!


No comments:

Post a Comment