Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the women who support me, to all the women in our families, to all the moms of the kids I love, and to all my mom-spirations! Most of all, Happy Mother's Day to my mom, who is simply the best, every day, all the time!
There were lots of Mother's Day crafts and projects in my basement and classroom the last few weeks.

Z-man's dad's family has this beautiful tradition where the whole family gets together to celebrate the day and the mamas in the family all give each other little gifts. I attended a Mother's Day gathering before I was a mom in the family and I remember loving it and thinking how connected it made all of them. A We're In This Together mentality. Beautiful. This year, I sent fancy soap, tagged with "We 'soap' you have a great Mother's Day!"

The kids in my class made gifts that took several days for their mothers. They used shoe box lids to frame egg carton flowers that they painted and decorated with Easter grass, pompoms, and tissue paper. We attached gift tags on paper that WE MADE! (I'll save that for another post.)


My mom stressed how much she didn't want her kids buying her things for Mother's Day, just spending time with her. We spent the day with her and Z-man made her this homemade view finder, made of a toilet paper tube and a picture of him and I in the middle. His card said "Thanks for always looking out for us."

And for the newest mom that I love on (who is close enough to do this for), I made this with her baby's foot prints, like someone did for me on my first Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. Nothing is more challenging, more exhausting, more rewarding and more fulfilling than being a mom!

2 comments:

  1. This was such a beautiful gift! We all loved it! For the record, we definitely are all in it together. You can always count on this crazy Hispanic family to support you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this comment. THank you! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete