Monday, June 9, 2014

Bottle Cap ABCs

All of the kids in my class can spell their names verbally. But most struggle with identifying the individual letters when I show one to them. Picking the s or the m out of their name is difficult, unless its their first letter. I have showed them to start at the beginning and go letter by letter, naming them by spelling out their names until they get to the letter they want to know.
My director suggested this activity to help them learn their names, letter by letter.


So for each child, I wrote the letters to their names on bottle caps. At first, I gave them their letters, scrambled, to match to the circles on their paper. Now, they pick their letters from the pile of all the letters!
I made one for Z-man, too, but used the caps from the containers posters are mailed in. He chooses this activity in the morning while I get dressed frequently and is able to match the letters quickly by himself. Then, I spell it with him, touching each letter as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment