Sunday, June 15, 2014

Terrific Twos

So the twos are in full force in my house. Lots of "Me do it!"s and "One more minute"s. Many extra dramatic moments and needing "mammmmmmaaaaa" at the exact moment I have way too much to do. So much learning, exploring, and adorable new sayings.(Miger-moger for motorcycle is my favorite!) Making story lines up as he plays. And a thirst for Independence, lots of it.
Z-man has decided that he wants to pick his own clothes out. He is especially fond of soccer jerseys and clothes passed down from certain friends. I have been brainstorming ways to support this need for asserting himself without relinquishing all my control. I have a need for matching clothes that I'm not ready to let go of. This was my solution:


All it took was three command hooks! I match the clothes and put the outfits on the hangers. I pick which sets to put out each day depending on how messy our day will be or what we have up. He picks the outfit--and thinks it was his idea!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment