Sunday, September 7, 2014

Friday Night Date Night

A while ago I decided that I wanted to make Friday nights date nights for Z-man and I. I thought that I would plan these super fun, exciting, new activities for us to try that we would have an absolute blast doing. We did this about twice. I realized that we are both tired by the end of the week and I am hardly gushing with great ideas, despite my cool mom intentions.
I decided to just work on being present for Z-man Fridays instead of just going through the motions until bedtime rolled around.
This past Friday, after dinner, Z-man and I went outside to play. We chased each other and laughed until our bellies hurt. We looked for rollie pollies under bricks and squealed when crickets jumped out. He hid in the play castle and I pretended like I couldn't find him.
We laid on our backs and looked up at the huge tree in the front yard. Z spied a squirrel's nest as we talked about branches and roots and trunks. Wiggling our toes in the air and looking for shapes in the clouds, Z said "You the coolest." MELT.
Our night was simple, organic, and fabulous. Friday night was definitely the coolest.

No comments:

Post a Comment